I'm sure lots of people would like to claim that they have the best sister in the world, but I am afraid that J has had that tittle sewn up for a long time :). I could spend hours putting together an essay on why she is the most amazing young lady that I have ever met, but that would probably be a bit boring for you all, so I have put together my top five reasons why she is the ultimate sister (and person).
1. She never, ever runs out of love. No matter what is going on any given day she always takes the time to tell you that she loves you. She ends every phone call, email and chat with "I love you" or just 'love' if she is running late to be somewhere :) No one in our family ever doubts the amount of love and affection that she has for us all.
2. She has the patience of a saint. A lot of us (even me, ok well mainly me) can be very trying. J is the one person you can rely on to keep on smiling no matter how frustrated she must be feeling. I can't remember the last time she lost her temper even though I used to have a habit of picking fights in order to let of steam. She just keeps on smiling and being understanding.
3. She is an amazing mother. When J fell pregnant it was unexpected and none of us knew what to expect. My goodness have we been blown away. From the moment that Little Miss A was born, J has been a natural. If I can be half as good at mothering as she is, I be very proud of myself.
4. She has a strong will and courage to match. J has tried a lot of things in her life, she has run several businesses, moved overseas for work, given birth, worked through a long distance relationship, graduated from high school with an OP2, been to university, worked in the corporate sector, helped her Husband run a business and now enjoys being a stay at home mum. And she has just turned 24!
5. She is my best friend. I grew up knowing that I would always love my sister, but I had no idea that she would turn out to be one of my best friends. We can tell each other absolutely anything and some of my favourite memories are of hanging out with her either lounging around, playing guitar hero, dining out, playing with Little Miss A, or drinking cocktails.
Also. (One too many, I know). She (along with my two other bridesmaids) was the ultimate Bridesmaid. On the day of my wedding and in the weeks leading up to it, she was so organised and suportive. J thought of absolutely everything and even fixed my dress on the night :)
Happy Birthday J, I love you with all of my heart xxoo
Photo taken by the very, very talented Jodie Litzow from Litzow PhotographyCooper on the other hand is not very patient or understanding, but he does have a lot of love to give :). The decision to adopt him was one of the most fulfilling and rewarding things that we have ever done as a couple (besides getting married!). Every morning he jumps up onto our bed and gives us puppy love before he curls up again and falls asleep by our feet. He makes us feel like a family! To top things off he loves his Aunty J almost as much as he loves the Big Man and I!
Happy Birthday J and Cooper (the Pooper)!!!!