I know that I am officially the slackest blogger on the planet, but I am back. Hopefully for good now. Anyway here's my recap from the last 6 weeks or so.
- We had a great honeymoon, loved every minute of it. Soaked up the sunshine, drank too many cocktails and glasses of champagne and enjoyed having the Big Man all to myself for a whole week.
- I've stopped working, even though I'm not yet pregnant. But I'm bored, so I think I am going to find a part-time job in the meantime. (This will also help me pay for small things like Christmas presents, waxing appointments, my beloved internet and the mortgage......) I guess it's not one hundred percent fair to expect the Big Man to pay for everything ;)
- Went to one of Bridesmaid's wedding. It was just perfect!!
- I spent a great week in Hervey Bay catching up with my sister, my niece and my Hervey Bay and Maryborough friends. Who are all awesome and I never get to see enough of them xx
- I have been getting to know all of my neighbours and have met some lovely people. I thought for sure that the law of averages would mean that at least one of our neighbours would be completely unbearable, but all of the ones that we've met so far are amazing.
- I am missing my BFF like crazy, even to the point where I have given up margaritas because they make me think of her. She leaves for Argentina today, so I am now missing her even more than I was before (when she was in Adelaide)
- The storms in Brisbane have been really crazy, but except for the power going out last night we haven't really felt the effects of them. If anything it has been great for our new lawn (which I realise is not a nice thing to think seeing as so many people had their homes damaged, which is why I made a donation to the relief fund.... guilt money.....)
- We are getting ready for Christmas, the tree is up, the house is decorated and my sister and I have started planning the menu. I am so excited! Christmas is my favourite time of the year :)
- Another thing that I love about this time of year is that it is party season, so the Big Man and I have been unusually sociable, which suits me perfectly since I am a 9temporary) bored housewife.
- I really appreciate the fact that one of neighbours took me in last night when the power went out and I was to frightened to stay at home by myself (the Big Man was out).
- I have spent the last week dog sitting our neighbours eight week old puppy. He is just gorgeous and so full of spunk. It has also meant that I have got to know these neighbours much better and it turns out that we have lots in common. I love making new friends!
- Right now I am watching the cricket and am chearing for Nathan Hauritz. We went to high school with him and he is the most famous person that I know!
I am sure I am missing heaps of things, but that is all I can think of at the moment.
I hope you are all enjoying the start of the festive season! I'll be spending the rest of the afternoon catching up on all of the posts that I haven't been reading.
Happy Holidays xxoo