Things Don't Always Go To Plan

|
I had a regular appointment with my Obstetrician today and it seems like there is going to be a change to my baby plans. The baby is measuring quite big and the Ob has some concerns with that in regards to the shape of my pelvis. He has suggested that we book in for a c-section...

Whilst this is definitely not how I had planned for things to go. The Big Man and I have had a big chat and we agree that how I give birth is nowhere near as important as the fact that we will soon have our very own baby.

I have had my heart set on a vaginal birth right throughout the pregnancy and was even going to take a wait and see approach when it came to pain relief (the size of the epidural needle may have had a bit to do with this decision!). But at the end of the day I trust my doctor and want to do what is best for the baby and what is best for me.

The Ob has given us until our next appointment on Wednesday to make our final decision and if we decide to go ahead with the caesar I will be having the baby on the 2nd of December.

I think that we have already made our decision, but I do like that I have up until next Wednesday to change my mind....

T xx

5 comments:

Fern said...

Sorry you're having to go through this decision :-/

Ange & Phil said...

So sorry you have to make this decision Tam and it is a very hard decision to make and like you said all that matters is that you and bubba Riley are ok it really does not matter how you give birth especially when there are complications. Have you had another scan so they can see how big bub is thru ultrasound? When I had Ronan they induced me early beause I was messuring much bigger than my weeks but when he eventually came out he was only 8 pound which I think is pretty normal. What do you mean by funny pelvis? What was your original due date again? Thinking of you babe! xoxo

Tamsyn said...

Thanks Fern and Ange. We are still undecided about which option we are going to take. I keep hoping that I will just go into labour soon and then I wont have to decide.

The Ob didn't say that there was anything in particular wrong with my pelvis. He said that if the baby is a regular size, there should be no probs and that regardless his head will fit (seeing as he is already engaged). He is worried that if he is too big that his shoulders may get stuck...

I was kind of in shock at the appointment and really didn't ask enough questions :(

I did ask to be induced at 38 weeks rather than book a caeser, but the Ob thinks that this will just increase my chances of needing an emergency caeser if the labour doesn't progress well.

Cady said...

My sil's baby's shoulders got stuck, and she had to have an emergency c-section, so I think you made the right decision if your dr is concerned about that. BTW...you're going to have your baby on my due date!

Tamsyn said...

Thanks Cady. Looks like Lucy and my little guy could end up sharing a birthday! Unless of course one or both of them decide to come early :)