6 Weeks

|
No, not 6 weeks pregnant (just in case anyone else's mind always jumps straight to pregnancy, mine always does!!). It's been 6 weeks since I last blogged.

It wasn't intentional and it wasn't necessarily because of my last post either. (Thank you all for your sweet words though, each of you made me feel better and brought a smile to my face.) I have been having a hard time of it though. I didn't think putting Max into care would feel any different than leaving him at home with the Big Man each day... I was definitely wrong about that.

It's not that they don't take good care of him, it's just that I miss him like crazy. Max is at such a beautiful age, he wants me close by all the time.

He sits on the floor with his arms up in the air saying 'Mumma' when he wants to be picked up. He laughs and smiles when I do pick him up. He sobs when I don't. He loves to sit outside in the grass and help me garden. He loves it when I read to him. The smiles he gives me when I go into his room first thing in the morning are the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life. My baby loves me and wants me.

He's only going to be a baby once and I really feel like I need to make the most of it. So I have cut back my work from four days down to 2 per week and I've done the same with his daycare. Tuesdays and Wednesdays we spend apart and every other day we get to spend together. Happy Mumma and happy baby!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Melody said...

Well done you.

Before you know it your baby will be 6 and you wonder how that happened! Try & cherish your time, even through the crap days. =)

Diminishing Lucy said...

I ma glad to see you back. I was wondering how you were all going. xx

Tamsyn said...

Thanks girls xx