My baby is definitely not a newborn anymore... He's a giggling, squeeling, smiling and chatty four month old!
Here's what has been happening over the last month.
- Max has rolled over from his tummy to his back three times... but he's currently pretending that he doesn't remember how to do it...
- He is so close to rolling from his back to his tummy, he sticks his legs up in the air and rolls on to his side, but he can't work out how to get the rest of the way over.
- When he's on his play-mat we bribe him with his favourite toys. We put them just out of his reach so that he has to roll over to get to them. Mean parents?
- Today I noticed that he has started holding on to his feet when he's on his back, I'm looking forward to lots of photo opportunities when he starts putting them in his mouth :)
- He can really hold his head up well now, even when he's on his belly.
- But he still falls over a lot when we sit him up... It makes me laugh, he just topples over and makes no attempt to put a hand out to stop himself from falling.
- Max now sleeps through almost every night.
- He goes to bed around 6.30 0r 7pm and wakes up between 5.30 to 7.30am
- If he does wake up at 5.30 I can generally feed him and he'll go back to sleep for another couple of hours.
- If he wakes up during the night he just needs to be re-swaddled and settled down and he will fall back to sleep.
- The way Max plays now is probably the most exciting change that has happened over the last month.
- His attention span is so much longer now.
- He loves his jungle mat, any toy that he can grab onto and his new activity bouncer thing (pictured).
- I love to watch him play, it's so amazing to see how much he learns every week.
- He purposefully reaches for things now and will repeat an activity if he likes the result he gets.
- He also tries to put absolutely everything in his mouth and will chomp on things now rather than just suck.
- We're lucky so far in that Max is not in the least bit fussed about who holds him or is giving him attention.
- He likes hugs from everyone and gives out smiles by the bucket-load.
- His cousin Ava has been staying with us this last week and he seems to especially like to play with her, watch what she's doing and listen to her talk.
I can't wait to see what the next month will bring!