Picture from BrideInsight
In 10 and a half weeks time The Big Man and I are getting married. I'm not as excited about it as I feel like I should be and I still can't make my mind up about all the (so called) important things.
Since we were first engaged we have toyed with the idea of eloping and the closer we get to the day the more I want to do it. I have written out the benefits of each option, but I am still no closer to knowing what to do...
Benefits of a Big Wedding
1. I will get to dress up as a bride and have everyone say how beautiful I look (even if they don't mean it, hehe)
2. All of our family and friends will be able to share in our special day
3. No one will feel like they have been left out
4. We will be able to enjoy all of the trimmings that come with a traditional wedding, a bridal party, big cake, speeches, a first dance etc etc
5. I wont have to call all of my vendors and tell them that we are cancelling.
6. I will feel like I have achieved something (silly, but true)
Benefits of Eloping
1. We will save a big fat stack of money
2. I won't have to worry about planning, stressing or fussing over the details
I would love to hear your thoughts or stories from when you got married... I am going to have to make a final decision very soon... Thanks :)